Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Date/Time: Day of week changing? - Visokio Forums
Date/Time: Day of week changing?
  •     ALC November 14, 2012 12:27PM
    I'm trying to build in the day of the week into my report however there seems to be something weird going as the days appear as Sunday, Monday and then Sunday again when a new month starts. I am trying to make the change in a Field Organiser within DataManager

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Thanks, Anna
    Attachments
    Doc1.docx 48K
  • 3 Comments
  •     tjbate November 14, 2012 2:31PM
    Anna - When addressing date/time display issues, it is useful to know what time zone the date/time data was originally recorded in. The server machine that is capturing the data is set to a specific time zone, and all data reported worldwide that originated on that server is always in that time zone. For example, Microsoft Atlas data is always recorded in Eastern Standard Time.

Once you know the 'native' or 'original' time zone of the data, you can address the issue of what should be displayed when the file is opened in other time zones around the world. If you have appended date/time data from different sources into a single field/column, it is important that the data first be synchronised to the same time zone.

To check this, you must change the display format of the Date/Time field to display the time zone that the data was recorded in.
  •     steve November 16, 2012 9:20AM
    Anna, there is a known limitation with the "EEEE" format when used this way. If you remove the date+month+year fields, Omniscope can no longer model the field correctly as a Date data type.

This is a similar issue to: http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/comment/3448/#Comment_3448

If you want the field to be typed 'Date', you must include the full date/month/year aspects so Omniscope can determine which day name it is by the other aspects. For example, "yyyy-mm-dd, EEEE".

Or, instead of duplicating and changing field type, you should add a new field and set a formula DATETOTEXT([Date], "EEEE"). You will end up with a Text/Category (not Date) field containing just the correct day names.
  •     ALC November 16, 2012 9:26AM
    Thanks Steve
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership