Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Connectors: Facebook and Google Analytics feeds - Visokio Forums
Connectors: Facebook and Google Analytics feeds
  •     rborobia November 11, 2012 3:37PM
    Hi,

How I can get the "unique visitors" on Google Analytics Feed and the "number of shares" on a post on Facebook feed sorted by date?

Thanks!
  • 9 Comments
  •     chris November 12, 2012 4:38AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the question.

The following is a link to a list of all available dimensions/metrics available in the GoogleAnalytics API, which Omniscope uses to read the Google Analytics data:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets

You should find that the Omniscope connector supports all of those listed. For some reason there is a discrepancy in the naming of the dimensions/metrics in the API and on the web interface. I believe (but am not completely sure) that the "Unique visitors" metric is called "Visitors" in the API and in the Omniscope connector. You may need to contact Google to confirm this. In Omniscope 2.8 we have updated the Google Analytics connector to use the latest version of the API. We have also added support for segments and filters.

With regards to the Facebook insights report, the following is a link to all the available insight metrics available in the API:

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/fql/insights/

Once again, the Omniscope connector should support all of those listed. The closest metrics to those you are after are "application_shares" and "application_shares_unique". We would suggest contacting Facebook if you have a query about any metrics in the API.

Please let us know how you get on.

•     rborobia November 12, 2012 5:07AM
    Thanks for the answer.

¿Is it possible that this metrics (Google Analytics - Visitors and Facebook - Post shares) isn't available in Visokio 2.7 (445) feeds? The available metrics on Gogle analytics feed are Visits, Page Views, Unique Page views, Time on site, New visits, Entrances, Bounces and Exits, and on Facebook feed are Impressions, Likes and Comment Count.

•     chris November 12, 2012 5:34AM
    Hi,

The GoogleAnalytics metrics described are available, however you need to select them in a "Custom" report. In the "Report" dropdown choose "Custom". You can then choose the dimensions/metrics you want to use. Which "Facebook" report are you using? If you select "Insights" you should see all the available Facebook metrics.
  •     rborobia November 12, 2012 10:11AM
    Thanks Chris, I have obtained the unique visitors on Google Analitycs feed, using the custom report.

I using "Wall Posts" report from Facebook feed (it can see in the screen capture on the first post), it returns all correct data, except the number of shares. I tried with Insight informs, but i don't find this metric, and many informs like "Plugins" or "Domain content" returns empty.
  •     chris November 12, 2012 12:48PM
    Hi,

I've done some investigation, and there doesn't appear to be any way to read "number of shares".

The following is information about the "Stream" object that represents a wall post when we query the API:

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/fql/stream/

As you can see we can read properties such as likes, comments, impressions but there doesn't seem to read the number of shares. Do you have a contact at Facebook we can query about this? You can contact us directly at support@visokio.com.
  •     rborobia December 14, 2012 10:08AM
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help.

I have reviewed this topic and I have found the property "share_count - Number of times the post has been shared" in http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/fql/stream/

I hope it is helpful
  •     chris December 14, 2012 11:55AM
    Hi,

Thanks for letting us know. Facebook are constantly adding/removing fields so please let us know if you see any other missing values.

We have now added "Share count" and a number of other fields. We have also fixed the "events" report. This will be available in the next Omniscope 2.8 release (b447).

I noticed that there are some other properties, for example "feed_targeting" and "targeting". We haven't included these for now because they are quite large, but let us know if you need them adding.
  •     rborobia December 16, 2012 6:30PM
    Thanks!

Take this opportunity to ask another question about Facebook Feed, ¿is it possible to recover more than 20 posts from specific page in the report "wall post"?
  •     chris December 17, 2012 7:00AM
    Hi,

Please take this opportunity to ask as many questions as you like. We are also interested in any ideas you have for improving the connectors.

The stream table documentation states:

"Each query of the stream table is limited to the previous 30 days or 50 posts, whichever is greater, however you can use time-specific fields such as created_time along with FQL operators (such as < or >) to retrieve a much greater range of posts."

We will add a date-range picker to allow you to specify the date range you are interested in.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership