Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Table View - Grouped subtotals issue - Visokio Forums
Table View - Grouped subtotals issue
  •     dszl136154 October 26, 2012 9:25AM
    HI,

I have a Table View grouped by a Category field.

I noticed that the subtotals are showing wrong results in certain cases.
    As you can see in the attached picture that Pages per Visits (Page Views/Visits) for subtotals are wrong. The formula haven't been applied to subtotals. Instead of 8.1 there should be 2.6.
    Attachments
    subtotals.PNG 28K
  • 10 Comments
  •     paola October 26, 2012 9:33AM
    Can you please check the rounding in Data>Manage Fields for this field.
    First total should be 8.2 , (not 2.6).
    Other total 10.4 is correct.
  •     dszl136154 October 26, 2012 9:37AM
    First Total Should be 816/308= 2.6 second total should be 478/288=1.6
    The subtotals should not aggregate values.
  •     paola October 26, 2012 9:40AM
    Could you please send a file or a sample? Will need to look at your formulas. Thanks
  •     dszl136154 October 26, 2012 9:49AM
    What happens is that I have this calculated field (Pages per Visit) defined in one of the Field Organizer blocks in Data Manager. I need the field in my grouped Table View. The table has aggregated values so I had to specify the way of aggregation for field. The aggregation for this field is weighted average by Visits because there is no option to apply formula defined in the Data Manager.
    If there was such option it would solve the problem.
  •     paola October 26, 2012 10:14AM
    When you define formulas in the DataManager, results are imported as static values into Omniscope. If you want these formula fields to respond to various aggregation options, it might help if you move them 'downstream', and define formula fields in Data Explorer.
    Without seeing the file, I would have to continue to demonstrate what happens when you don't see the whole picture...
  •     dszl136154 October 26, 2012 10:46AM
    When I change the field into a calculated field and apply formula then Subtotals show the correct value. The problem is that apart from the calculated field I have to add to the table all fields used by formula (which makes table quiet big and these formula components-fields don't give any insight to the report).
    Is it possible to use formula field without showing its component-fields?
  •     paola October 26, 2012 10:56AM
    Yes - please use the Field picker in the Table View and hide all unwanted fields (from the view), including those used to calculate the formula values. This will just hide them from that view, without effect on the dependant variables.
  •     dszl136154 October 26, 2012 11:05AM
    When I deselect the unwanted fields this error shows up (see attached)image
    Attachments
    error.PNG 36K
  •     steve October 27, 2012 10:37AM
    Clarification: formulas recalculated upon grouped/summary data in the table view require all input fields to be present. Consider using view aggregation instead, which doesn't suffer this limitation, or shrinking columns to near-nothing, or using a Content View with scripting.
  •     dszl136154 October 30, 2012 12:13PM
    Thanks Steve,
    I will shrink the columns - the easiest option.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership