Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Formulae: Using Variable device results in formulae? - Visokio Forums
Formulae: Using Variable device results in formulae?
  •     davedunckley October 26, 2012 6:28AM
    Hi -Is it possible to pass the settings of a device into a formula,

So that I could do somthing like this:

= [device 1 setting] divided by [device 2 setting]?

Dave
  • 5 Comments
  •     tjbate October 26, 2012 7:11AM
    Dave - Omniscope uses Variables to allow end-users to influence formule via manual manipulation of devices that represent the values to be assumed by each Variable. You can define Variables in your file from:

Data > Formulas > Add/Edit Variable {add Variable} which gives you the option to add both numeric ranges (integer or decimal) and fixed, pre-established value numeric choice lists. Each Variable you define adds a corresponding end-user manipulation device to the Sidebar/Device View display.

Once the Variables are defined in the file, you can then define a formula field that divides the current value of one Variable setting by the current value of the other Variable setting.
  •     sherriff February 16, 2013 5:45AM
    Hi - I have added some Variables in DataManager as above and have included these in formulae within Field Organiser

How does the user get to set the variables? Sliders do not seem to show up automatically in DataExplorer.
  •     sherriff February 16, 2013 5:46AM
    I also added the same Variables in DataExplorer but these are clearly not linked to the Variables of the same names in DataManager
  •     steve February 18, 2013 4:33AM
    If you define variables in DataManager, then Load that data into Omniscope, those variable definitions will be present in Omniscope. You may need to show the variables in the sidebar, though.

If this doesn't work, can you post a demonstration?
  •     tjbate February 18, 2013 6:11AM
    Chris - You can reveal the Sidebar on the DataManager workspace:

Toolbars > Right sidebar

Then set which Variables are to be visible from the upper left drop-down on the Sidebar. You can also Edit variables from the Sidebar Tools dropdown (blue spanner)

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership