Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Imports-Batch Append - 'wildcard' search on worksheets? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Imports-Batch Append - 'wildcard' search on worksheets?
  • VoteVote Up1Vote Down kikorw October 15, 2012 12:22PM
    I'm trying to batch append files in DataManager. I have a folder with several .xlsx files, all files contain one worksheet named "dashboard" plus something else e.g. dashboard Aldarondo, e.g.2 dashboard Figueroa. Is there a way to perform a wildcard search in the "Worksheet names" field in the DataManager Batch Append source block?. I was thinking of something like: dashboard* and it will be able to find both dashboard Aldadrondo adn dashboard Figueroa.
  • 2 Comments
  •     tjbate October 15, 2012 12:47PM
    Francisco - The Batch Append block points to any folder you indicate, and you then specify in the line All/part of filenames which of the filenames are to be included in the batch append using standard 'wildcard' asterisk syntax, e.g. 'Dashboard*.xlsx' will take all the matching FILES. We have not yet extended this feature to WORKSHEET level.

A workaround is to use Omniscope to automatically open all the Excel workbooks and save specific worksheets as separate source files using a defined naming convention. You can then point the Batch Append block at the folder where the individual worksheets have all been saved as xslx, or better, IOK source files.

I have converted this to an Idea
  • kikorw October 16, 2012 12:17PM
    Thanks, I appreciate your advice. Good idea!

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership