Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Outputs: Exporting to Excel 'underneath' saved worksheet? - Visokio Forums
Outputs: Exporting to Excel 'underneath' saved worksheet?
  •     SherrickChavda October 11, 2012 1:57PM
    Hi Visokio, - At the moment when you publish worked Omniscope data into Excel it replaces the entire file. Is there a way that when we publish Omniscope data, it goes on a new worksheet directly under the data already in the Excel file?

Through Omniscope we are pulling and working on Daily Reports so we'd like for the data to archive and collate into one big Excel file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Sherrick
  • 4 Comments
  •     chris October 12, 2012 6:38AM
    Hi Sherrick - Thanks for the question.

You should be able to do this by creating a DataManager workflow that appends the data from the worksheet with the new data and then publishes this to the file. See the attached screenshot for an example of how this might work.
    Attachments
    workflow.png 19K
  •     SherrickChavda October 15, 2012 12:48PM
    The issue I'm facing is that if I do this then the report is going overwrite whatever was previously saved.

A little more context...
    I have a set of data (FILE A) showing days with multiple columns. Every day I will be receiving a report (FILE B) which will be manipulated through Omniscope. I want FILE B to be exported daily underneath FILE A which will build up and at the end of the year to create a collated report.

I want a way to do this without having all my data overwritten every time the report is exported.

Thanks,

SC
  •     chris October 15, 2012 12:52PM
    Hi Sherrick,

The configuration I described should do this. Each time you want to add a new file you append the data with the existing files data and then write it back out to the file.
  •     tjbate October 15, 2012 1:01PM
    Sherrick - I think a folder of Omniscope IOK 'timeslice' files is a better choice than Excel workbook/sheet format for building up a yearly-collated daily report. Create a folder and automatically output each period's Omniscope timeslice IOK file in the folder. At the end of the year, the folder will hold 220 or 365 Omniscope IOK daily timeslice files that can be automatically appended to become a single annual file...just import all the daily files into an annual summary IOK file using batch append. If someone insists on having all that in Excel format (what for?), then just export the whole thing from Omniscope to Excel.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged