Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Venn View: view not displaying query data? - Visokio Forums
Venn View: view not displaying query data?
  • ZhouNan October 11, 2012 7:20AM
    Hi - I am currently working on a tab which has a Venn View diagram. Named queries are used to define the view subset that drives the diagram. But, I found that if the Named Query data subset is not already included in the current filtered-in data set, no data is being picked up?

On the contrary, for Bar/Line View, even if the filtered data is not the data defined in the Query, the Query data will be displayed no matter whether the result set is included in the filtered-in data set for the current tab or not.

In this case, in the tab, only the Venn diagram is using the filtered-out data. Does it mean that I need to create individual query for other diagrams on the tab to be able to use the Venn diagram; or there is any other better ways to achieve this?

Many Thanks!
  • 2 Comments
  •     tjbate October 11, 2012 10:42AM
    Zhou - The Venn View is different from other views in that it operates not with rows, but with multiple Named Queries defining multiple subsets of rows.

First of all, check your Named Queries using other views to make sure that each query includes all the records you think it should. Also ensure that the Query dropdown on the Venn View Toolbar is set to show ALL the Queries defined in the file (you can eliminate some later). Now try setting the Venn View subset to All Data...all the subsets corresponding to all the Named Queries should display in colours.

Now try setting the Venn View data subset to be each of the defined named queries (NOT intersected with filtering), in turn. Each query subset should display coloured and the other Named Query subsets should be brushed (faded).

At this point, you can decide if you want to fix the Venn View to one Named Query subset, or just eliminate some subsets from the view based on the Venn View Toolbar Query drop-down settings. None of these options will interact with the the tab's Filtered-in data set.
  • ZhouNan October 12, 2012 5:23AM
    Thank you very much!

The feedback really helps; now it is displaying the data I want.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership