Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Multiple value search in search field - Visokio Forums
Multiple value search in search field
  •     Mees November 23, 2009 4:06PM
    Hi Mohammed,
    Question regarding a search field which cannot be changed to a category field due to the large number of unique values in the field. In my case the number of products a wholesaler has (over 10.000).
    When my view shows e.g. customers per month, how can I search for customers that have both product A and/or product B. In other words I want to search on more than one value of this specific field.
    Is this possible?

Thanks again!
    Arjan
  • 6 Comments
  • %5BDeleted+User%5D [Deleted User] November 23, 2009 7:20PM
    Arjan-

If you have a text field with spaces between the multiple values, you can tick the Sidebar text filters option to reveal Text Tools (from the drop down), which reveals more filtering options for searching text. Using Text Tools, you can change the behavior of the filtering to select text that BEGINS with the specified characters ('Word prefix') rather than CONTAINS the specified characters ('Substring'). If you enter a search for two characters/strings separated by a space, the ALL/ANY option will appear to specify whether you want rows where ALL or ANY text strings in the field can begin with the specified characters. For example, if your text column field contains th text values 'apples' and 'pears' then setting the Text Tools options to Word prefix and entering 'ap pe' and selecting the ALL option when it appears will filter down to only records that contain both 'apples' and 'pears' in the text field being filtered.
  •     steve November 24, 2009 7:07AM
    Note you can search a numeric field using the same method. Let's say you want the numbers 110 and 120 only. Make sure the field is showing in the sidebar using the Devices drop-down. Click the device itself's configure button (a little black triangle next to the name). Or right-click the device title. Choose Filter type > Text search. From the same menu, choose Show text tools. Enter "110 120". Click the ALL button which will change to ANY (meaning 110 OR 120). Change Substring to Exact (meaning 110 or 120 should match the entire cell). This should be what you want.
  •     Mees November 24, 2009 1:19PM
    Thanks, this works great.
  • aknotts     aknotts October 5, 2010 9:32PM
    Steve

Is it possible to have the ability to show/hide text tools in the viewer version? (rather than Profession etc) If I save an IOK with text tools visible in the device, a viewer (ie read-only users) can use the AND/ANY functionality and change the search options however if I forget to show text tools on a certain device when I distribute and IOK, the users cannot show/hide them themselves. As this functionality is available to viewers could the ability for them to to turn it on/off themselves be enabled?

Thanks

Andy
  •     steve October 5, 2010 9:49PM
    The viewer has the ability to view and filter pre-configured views, but not to change the configuration. This is intentional, in part to allow the interface to be simplified. If you wish a user to be able to search in this manner, you must configure the file appropriately.
  • aknotts     aknotts October 5, 2010 9:54PM
    Understood - thanks Steve.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership