Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Bar/Line View: Display 7 previous weeks in reverse order? - Visokio Forums
Bar/Line View: Display 7 previous weeks in reverse order?
  • kgurus October 1, 2012 6:29AM
    Hi all - I'm using variable to select the week based on which I would want my bar/line charts to show last 7 weeks data.

Details are here:
    Split by: Week (Integer) Bar: Metric 1 Line: Metric 2

So ideally, I would like to define a subset of the data to be shown in the view to the contain the data of current week and also the previous 7 weeks.
  • 1 Comment
  •     tjbate October 1, 2012 12:49PM
    Guru - As shown in the attached demo file, you can limit the Bar/Line to display only 8 values, and un-tick 'Othering' to avoid showing another aggregated 'Other' bar.

Currently, the sort order of Date/Time fields used as an X-axis Split by is chronological, but If you duplicate the Date/Time field, set the duplicate to display only the week number and re-type it as a Text/Category value, you can manually re-arrange the sort order from alphabetical to reverse chronological order.

Data> Manage fields {Field} {Category} Options > Value order

This will ensure that the latest week is displayed in the Bar/Line View on the left, and the values for 7 previous weeks arranged to the right. (careful - don't use the option to sort the bars by the values displayed)

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership