Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Outputs: Email output 'From' field issue? - Visokio Forums
Outputs: Email output 'From' field issue?
  • Alexander     Alexander September 28, 2012 5:57AM
    Hi - I encountered a bug (I think it is a bug) in the Email output block. When sending emails using a Batch output block, the 'From' field is displayed when receiving the email. When I enter the same value in a "normal" Email output block, the 'From' field is ignored. Because when receiving the email the sender is the username in the output block.

Hope you can reproduce the problem and fix this issue. Thanks in advance!
  • 5 Comments
  •     chris September 28, 2012 5:58AM
    Thanks for letting us know, we'll investigate this and get back to you shortly.
  •     chris September 28, 2012 11:24AM
    Hi,

I've tried using the batch output and the email output block and the from field is being ignored. It looks like the email server is ignoring it and instead showing the actual "from" address. Are you sure that you have exactly the same configuration information in your batch publisher and in your email block?
  • Alexander     Alexander September 28, 2012 12:09PM
    Hi, thanks. Yes I am sure that the configuration is the same.
  •     chris September 28, 2012 12:15PM
    OK. Would it be possible to arrange a screensharing session with you so we can investigate this a bit further? Can you contact us by email to arrange this?
  •     chris October 1, 2012 10:23AM
    Hi,

Thanks for helping us get to the bottom of this. It turns out that some email servers, in this case "GMail", ignore the "From" setting and always show the source email address instead. We will add a small warning message under this setting making it clear that the "From" setting may be ignored. This will be in tonight's 2.8 release.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged