Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Table View- Units display formatting of numbers? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Table View- Units display formatting of numbers?
  • VoteVote Up1Vote Down        benjamin September 20, 2012 2:57PM
    Hi - How do I format numbers in a table such that it is formatted as thousands (and thus k), or millions ( and thus m) etc?

I know there is a way around by dividing by 1000 and 1000000 retrospectively and then adding a suffix but this is a hassle.

Thanks - Ben
  • 1 Comment
  •     steve September 21, 2012 2:09AM
    Not currently supported in the Table view.

In other views such as the Bar/line view you have number abbreviation for large numbers (k etc.) although we currently use the international SI system of prefixes which isn't configurable yet. See here:
    http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/857/customising-the-symbols-used-for-numeric-abbreviation-in-a-given-iok-file/p1

You can configure a field to be formatted as %, in which case it is displayed multiplied by 100 with a % sign. You can also configure a text prefix/suffix (e.g. "EUR" or "£"), but the number remains the same. These are the only related global field formatting options.

I've reclassified this as an idea - the ability to use numeric abbreviation in the Table view and/or as a global field setting.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership