Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Installation: Corrupt tar file download for Mac? - Visokio Forums
Installation: Corrupt tar file download for Mac?
  • alicew September 20, 2012 2:56PM
    Hello - I am trying to download the 30 day trial version of Visokio. I can download the file, but once I extract the file and try to the open the app, it say the app is damaged and cannot be opened. I have downloaded the tar file a second time, but got the same response. Has this happened for anyone else, and do they know a solution, so I can try out the tool?

• 5 Comments
  •     zsolt September 21, 2012 5:08AM
    Hi alicew,

I've downloaded the latest Mac builds from our website, and both the stable and the daily builds are working fine for me. They can be extracted and run without any warnings.

Please try downloading it again from our website, there could have been a network error last time. Make sure your system is up to date and free of viruses or any other malicious software.

If the problem persists, please provide the exact URL where you downloaded the file from; your OS X version; and the exact error message that you receive.
  • alicew September 21, 2012 2:46PM
    http://downloads.visokio.com/omni27/auto/2-7_b436/VisokioOmniscope.tgz

This is the link I an downloading from

I am using OSX version 10.8.2

I just updated all the software this morning, restarted the computer, and the computer was purchased on Monday, so it is brand new

Screen shot of error attached. Let me know if you need anything else. The rest of my company already has licensed software, but they just want me to try out the Mac version, so its kind of key it can work for me
  •     zsolt September 24, 2012 4:50AM
    Hello,

I could not reproduce the error on my Mac. Would it be possible to arrange a screen-sharing session so you could demonstrate the problem to me on your computer? We normally use join.me (http://join.me) to manage screen-sharing. Please check that you can access this website and let us know a convenient time to arrange this. I've sent you a private email so you can contact me directly.
  •     zsolt October 1, 2012 4:43AM
    After discussing this problem in email, I'm posting the solution here so others can get help if they have this same problem.

OS X Mountain Lion has a new security feature, Gatekeeper. By default, Gatekeeper does not allow Omniscope to be run, because currently it does not recognize it as an application from an identified developer. We are working on this problem, but until this is sorted out, here is how you can make Omniscope run on OS X Mountain Lion:

Go to Apple menu > System Preferences… > Security & Privacy > General tab. Under the header "Allow applications downloaded from:", make suret the third option, "Anywhere" is selected.

If these options are grayed out and cannot be modified, click on the little yellow padlock icon in the bottom left corner of the window. You might need to type in your administrator password to allow these changes.

After running Omniscope for the first time, you can switch your Gatekeeper security level to a more secure setting, and Omniscope will run without problems. We recommend the default option, "Mac App Store and Identified Developers".
  •     mustafa March 8, 2013 11:17AM
    Update: This has now been resolved. Please follow the instructions by clicking here to install Visokio Omniscope on a Mac.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged