Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Sources: SAS compatibility? - Visokio Forums
Sources: SAS compatibility?
  • VoteVote Up0Vote Down amchance September 17, 2012 9:51AM
    I would really love to see Omniscope SAS compatible.
  • 5 Comments
  •     chris September 17, 2012 10:48AM
    Hi,

Thanks for your comment. Can you describe how you see this working? Do you simply want to be able to open SAS files in Omniscope or do you want to connect to the SAS data server itself?

We have recently added R-connectivity into Omniscope. R is an open source statistical analysis package that is similar to SAS. The R-connector allows you to read data from R or to use R to execute an arbitrary script (similar to a SAS script).

Thanks

Chris

• amchance September 17, 2012 11:21AM
    Unfortunately R analytics cannot handle the work that I do, and it is not an option for me. I can open my sas files in Omniscope by using a csv, but this then changes my formats. I would prefer to have Omniscope connect to a SAS data server. Having said that I know SAS has a hard time playing nice, its just a suggestion that would my work a tad easier.
  •     chris September 17, 2012 11:33AM
    Hi,

We may be able to get Omniscope to open SAS files directly, without you having to save them as CSV. Would this be something that would be useful?

Having Omniscope contact and download/upload to a SAS data server would be a little more difficult. It would require us to purchase and setup a SAS server, so we are only likely to do this if there is a lot of demand for this functionality.
  • amchance September 17, 2012 12:21PM
    If you get Omniscope to open SAS directly, that would be extreamly useful. Even more so if you could output to a SAS file.
  •     chris September 18, 2012 6:23AM
    Hi,

OK to summarise:

1. We may be able to add support for opening SAS files. Please vote on this forum if you would like to see this implemented.

2. We are unlikely to be able to add support for saving as SAS files. This is because the SAS file format is closed and there are no external libraries (that I am aware of) that allow you to do this.

3. We may be able to add support for communicating with a SAS server; reading SAS data, saving SAS data and executing arbitrary SAS scripts. This would be a very large piece of work, requiring us to purchase and configure SAS and develop the required modules. We are unlikely to do this unless there is a big demand.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged