Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Security: File security options? - Visokio Forums
Security: File security options?
  • revlin September 10, 2012 7:59AM
    Just trying to find out if there is any functionality for data security – for instance, say I have created a dashboard where the underlying data should be restricted depending on the user. I may only want user X to see a subset of the data, where as user Y can see another subset of data, and user U can see all the data.

Anyone have any experience of this?

Also, does this relate to a standalone Omniscope file or a Server-based approach. I understand that a Server-based solution is possible with Omniscope although I have only ever used the Desktop Edition of Omniscope. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  • 1 Comment
  •     tjbate September 11, 2012 10:33AM
    Revlin - Omniscope has many file-security and personalised batch publishing options. The scenario you describe above wherein different file recipients receive different subsets of the distributed data sets (possibly based on populating different tab-configured IOK template files as well) is easy using the Batch Output publishing options. For each file recipient or group of recipients, the personalisation inputs (e.g. rows and columns to exclude, empty template file to be populated, etc.) are all specified in the auto-generated Batch Control IOK file, which should have a row for each different (group of) recipient.

You can test this personalised batch publishing functionality with a Desktop Edition, using:

File > Export > Batch export

Personalised batch publishing is in addition to the many file-security options applied when refreshing/saving each IOK file, detailed here:

http://www.visokio.com/file-security

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership