Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Architecture: Editing data in HTML? - Visokio Forums
Architecture: Editing data in HTML?
  • DJRH September 4, 2012 1:42PM
    Hi - I want to access IOK file though web and once I am able to access the file through web, then what ever changes i do to the IOK file through web...the processing should happen on the server and the IOK file data refresh should be visible on the Web browser right away....Is that possible do...? Please help me know...
  • 4 Comments
  •     tjbate September 5, 2012 11:41AM
    Hans- There are many ways to combine Omniscope with web architectures. Omniscope architecture is 'browser-plus' meaning that in addition to a local in-memory copy of the navigational data set, an Omniscope file open in the free Viewer can also contain any number of open Web Views (browsers) on any number of tabs, pointing at any number of related pages. Note that some of these web pages may be data input submission forms used to gather and correct central (web-accessible) source repositiories.

In addition, Omniscope is a general-purpose web services local client. This means that users can make local inputs and communicate these changes back and forth between local IOK files, and server-side logic/source data processing that replies back through one or more Web Views...or by chain-refreshing the data open in the local Report IOK file.

The way you ask the question suggests that you want a local copy of a remote-hosted Report IOK file to be downloaded, local edits to the data made, and these local edits then communicated back via web service to a (chain of ) server-side IOK Source files...then the data in the local open IOK file that submitted the changes is auto-refreshed to reflect the changes submitted via free Viewers. The local IOK file is not saved between sessions and must be re-downloaded (with the latest data) each time. Is this the use case you envision?

• DJRH September 5, 2012 11:52AM
    Hi - Thanks for your reply...This is exactly I wanna do. I do not want to use the free viewer. I wanna generate the HTML for IOK file. The generated HTML should be editable as we see the data in "DataExplorer". And we should be able to edit the data as well though the browser.
    I see that this functionality have been introduced in 2.8 therefore want to use it.
  •     tjbate September 5, 2012 12:51PM
    Hans - The forthcoming option to generate and project interactive HTML5/JavaScript visualisations from an configured Report IOK file is primarily intended to reach devices that do not run full Omniscope (Apple IOS IPads, Android tablets) and also to enable data visualisations managed in Omniscope to be inserted in standard web pages.

The Omniscope internally-generated HTML/JavaScript is only a remote interactive visualisation that depends on a web-accessible master Report IOK file running on a ServerPlus to be able to execute fully the filtering and update options being requested from the non-Windows mobile device (or from inside a web page).

The HTML5/JavaScript automatically generated from the master Report IOk will not include the full underlying data set in an editable form. All changes and updates to the underlying data will (eventually) have to pass through the server-side master Report IOK that interacts with the remote devices, although as explained above, changes to the central data can be input using either an embedded browser-submit Web View form or via configured web service submissions (or both) from a local copy of the Report IOK file.
  • DJRH September 5, 2012 12:58PM
    Thanks for your reply. I understand what you mean.....Probably we have to wait to get that functionality incorporated in new version of Omniscope....Appreciate your response...

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership