Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Data Flows: 2 Validate blocks? - Visokio Forums
Data Flows: 2 Validate blocks?
  •     andy_white September 4, 2012 12:08PM
    Hi guys - I've got a file where I thought I could use two validate blocks to check data integrity - one which flows into the omniscope block (for circumstances where the tests pass), and one which flows to an email output block (for where the tests fail - the 2nd validate block is set up to test for any problems, the 1st is set up to test that everything looks OK).

The problem is, when we run this through the Scheduler, the action fails because one of the output streams cannot complete. Can you think of any way to resolve this - the problem we're trying to solve is identifying a problem with the data, therefore not publishing the new (incorrect) data into Omniscope but sending out an email to specific recepients to say it has failed and what the problem is?
  • 1 Comment
  •     chris September 5, 2012 7:02AM
    Hi,

Could you use two separate workflows? The first would contain the validate block connected to the DataManager workflow. The second would contain the validate block connected to the email output. You could then execute these in sequence in the scheduler.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership