Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Modelling data - Visokio Forums
Modelling data
  •     kmatrix999 October 13, 2009 4:22PM
    I am developing an application that applies market growth rate forecasts to specific product sets, by country.

I want to be able to model the impact of increasing the growth rates (by 1%, 2% etc) for certain countries and for certain products and then comparing the results.

Clearly I could do this in excel and import the different scenarios, but is there a way to set up a custom control panel (or set of controls)that would enable me to create and store these scenarios within Omnipage.
  • 3 Comments
  • %5BDeleted+User%5D [Deleted User] October 13, 2009 7:35PM
    Omniscope supports multi-variate real-time modelling/simulation using user selectable Variables incorporated in formulae. See the embedded Human Resources demo Dashboard Tab for an example. Currently, formulae can only reference other columns in the data sets, rather than rows.
  •     steve October 13, 2009 7:37PM
    You can do this in Omniscope by creating a formula field and a variable. The variable would appear as a slider in the right-hand devices panel and would represent the growth rate. The formula would multiple some other field's value by the slider's value to create the simulated volume (or price, or quantity). Dragging the slider would cause the field to recalculate, and, if that field was used in your views (such as a Graph view Y axis), the views would update.

You could then create different tabs for different growth settings. Each tab retains its own slider values for variables. You can also add annotations to each tab to comment on the result.

See http://www.visokio.com/defining-variables for more help with variables.
  •     kmatrix999 October 13, 2009 8:38PM
    Thought it was possible, just needed pointing in the right direction. Thanks for both responses.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership