Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Pivot View - (no value) - Visokio Forums
Pivot View - (no value)
  •     dszl136154 August 21, 2012 7:35AM
    How can I replace (no value) into "0" in Pivot View ?

See attachedimage
    Attachments
    ex2.png 69K
  • 8 Comments
  •     paola August 21, 2012 8:46AM
    Values in the Pivot View are result of aggregation, so you should not try to edit those results. You should make amendments to the data while still in the Table View, or rather in the Data Manager, using the Search/Replace operation block.
  •     dszl136154 August 21, 2012 9:24AM
    As you can see the previous version of pivot table (see above) has shown £0 instead of (no value) which is more useful.
  •     dszl136154 August 21, 2012 9:34AM
    Does it mean that within data manager I have to duplicate each field and add a formula "If = "", "0", ". That's the only way I can enter "0" which is not much of use.
  •     dszl136154 August 21, 2012 9:52AM
    I sort it out thank you Paola.
  •     paola August 21, 2012 9:55AM
    Syntax is IF([Field]=null, not IF([Field]=" " or IF([Field]=0. Blanks are nulls NOT zeros.
    You may wish to provide more detail, so we can look into this - you attached a screenshot, but provided little in terms of explanation. What is 'previous version of pivot table'? How did Omniscope arrive at (no value)? If it's adding up empty fields, then result should be (no value) rather than zero.
    If you prefer to see 0, then you should populate empty fields with zeros, using the Search/Replace operation, in Data Manager, rather than IF function in Omniscope.
    Video tutorial is here:
    http://tc.visokio.com/videos/?name=DataManagerSearchReplace&title=Search%2Freplace&lang=gb
  •     dszl136154 August 21, 2012 10:00AM
    Previous Version = any version before 2.8
    I applied this what you said and it works thank you.
  •     steve August 24, 2012 5:35AM
    Dariusz, please note, the (no value) in the 2.8 Pivot view is actually a bug we'll be fixing shortly. Cells without any values (not even zero) should appear blank.
  •     chris September 4, 2012 5:18AM
    This bug has now been fixed in 2.8. The fix will be available in tomorrow's 2.8 release (b279).

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership