Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Subset Function: Unique combinations of two fields? - Visokio Forums
Subset Function: Unique combinations of two fields?
  • Alexander     Alexander August 17, 2012 7:37AM
    Hi - When using the formula: SUBSET_UNIQUECOUNT([ProjectId],subset([locplaats])).

I get the following message:

Cannot use field value references. This formula is evaluated in the context of multiple records, without any specific individual record. You must identify the summary function, such as: SUBSET_SUM([locplaats]) or SUBSET_MEAN([locplaats]). If using SUBSET([locplaats]), you must specify at least 2 arguments, such as SUBSET([locplaats], "Required value").

I think this is a bug, or I am doing something completely wrong. Please advise... Thanks! (Running 2.7 b413)
    Regards, Alexander
  • 8 Comments
  •     steve August 17, 2012 7:45AM
    You are using this in the Content View or the Bar/line view?

Please explain your formula in English. For example:

"Give me the number of unique "ProjectId" values within the subset where ..."

• Alexander     Alexander August 17, 2012 7:50AM
    Content view

"Give me the number of unique projects [Projectid] whitin the subset were the location [locplaats] is identical."
  •     steve August 18, 2012 8:42AM
    Identical to what?
  • Alexander     Alexander August 20, 2012 3:05AM
    In my dataset I have 17 different values for [locplaats]. I want to calculate the number of unique projects [ProjectID], for every value in [locplaats].

So how many projects do I have where [Locplaats] is identical (in other words: one value)
  •     paola August 20, 2012 11:23AM
    Formula = SUBSET_UNIQUECOUNT([ProjectID],SUBSET([Locplaats]))
    will return 1 against each Locplaats, if there is only one ProjectID per Locplaats.
    For 17 different values, each Locplaats will have 1 in the formula result field.

If you wish to find out how many Locplaats have 1 ProjectID against them:
    SUBSET_UNIQUECOUNT([Locplaats],SUBSET([Formula],"1","="))
    for all different values, in this case you will have 17 in each row.
  • Alexander     Alexander August 20, 2012 11:26AM
    Hi Paolo,

Thanks for your comment, yet this is not what I mean. It is difficult to explain... can we have short call, so that I can explain the issue? Thanks!
  •     paola August 20, 2012 11:28AM
    Hi Alexander, sure - please give me a call on our support number. 207 351 4646 and add 0044 if calling from outside UK.
  •     paola August 20, 2012 1:35PM
    Hi Alexander,
    You can do this in two steps:
    - Introduce field to concatenate the two values Field C= [Field A]+” “+[Field B]
    - In the Content view use formula that will return a single value result
    SUBSET_UNIQUECOUNT([Field C])
    This formula will count total number of unique combinations of fields A and B.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership