Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Chart sorting is not proper - Visokio Forums
Chart sorting is not proper
  •     rajeshbalu29 August 6, 2012 4:59AM
    Hi All,
    I facing a problem in sorting the bar chart. please find the attached snapshot for your reference and let me know how to fix this issue.

Please let me know incase if you need any further details.

I am using the latest b405.

Regards
    Rajesh B
  • 3 Comments
  •     paola August 6, 2012 7:10AM
    Hi Rajesh,
    Not sure why the sorting did not work. On the first click the button will sort the bars in descending order, when clicked again – ascending order, third click will return the bars to natural order. Please send us the file if you wish someone to look into this.
    Thanks
  •     paola August 9, 2012 5:53AM
    Hi Rajesh,
    The answer is – this behaviour is deliberate, rather than a bug.
    Stacking of split values delivers meaning in a cumulative sum situation, when you want to see individual contribution of each category to the overall total.
    If you choose Mean – mean of each split (in statistics) should be a weighted mean of individual stacks, rather than a sum of their individual means…
    Information would be lost in stacking and result would be misleading… Similar goes for other functions .
  •     rajeshbalu29 August 14, 2012 11:49PM
    Hi Paola,
    I have convinced the Client that if we stack the data with different column the sorting will get disturbed.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
    Rajesh B

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership