Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Window sizing: Configuring files for different sized screens - Visokio Forums
Window sizing: Configuring files for different sized screens
  •     shaji_o August 1, 2012 7:55PM
    I've noticed when I setup dashboards on my computer and then view them on a different sized monitor, the font sizes don't adjust and I'm left with an odd looking dashboard. Is there are way to setup the dashboard so font sizes, images, graphs etc will adjust when viewed on different sized monitors?
  • 4 Comments
  •     paola August 2, 2012 5:00AM
    Hi Shaji,
    you can fix the window size by going to Settings>Window size and choose your/ client's screen size.
    You can then make sure the font size and other settings will remain same on open by ticking 'Preserve window size' in Save As window.
  •     shaji_o August 3, 2012 1:30AM
    Multiple users will be viewing these dashboards from the client's end, so there is no way to be sure what dimensions they will be using
  •     paola August 3, 2012 6:11AM
    You should go for the first option on the list - SXGA (1280 x 1024), as most people will be able to read it. Another thing you might want to consider is saving multiple versions of the file, with different Window Size.
  •     tjbate August 3, 2012 1:24PM
    Shaji - If you have Server/ServerPlus and are using the unlimited batch distribution feature, you can specify different empty Report IOK template files for each recipient, and each template can be set to open at a different defined window size. For desktop/laptop users, a template set to SXGA should work on most modern machines, but the new 2.8+ HTML5/Javascript deployment options for smaller IOS and Android tablets may require starting from a version of the master Report IOK set to a smaller screen size to preserve the overall layout and legibility on devices with much smaller screens.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged