Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Use of Field Notes - Visokio Forums
Use of Field Notes
  •     kmatrix999 September 20, 2009 5:25PM
    I am creating files that include data about many country markets and many products/ services. The intention is to help identify export opportunities. A typical file may include 50 countries and 700 different products/ services.

I want to be able to include standard text about individual countries and about individual products in field notes as we are not yet using an enterprise version where (to my understanding) this could be achieved by linking to local documents.

My questions are:

* how much text will a field note contain (entries may be up to half a page of A4)
    * will it automatically appear for all instances of country = China, irrespective of what product it relates to
    * is there a way to cut and paste pre- prepared text rather than typing in from new
    * or am I going about this in completely the wrong way and have missed an easier option?

All help gratefully received.
  • 2 Comments
  • %5BDeleted+User%5D [Deleted User] September 21, 2009 10:44AM
    First off, linking a record to a document via a web URL or local network file location based on the value in a cell is a file feature that can be added to your template file using a Professional, it is not limited to an Enterprise.

Field (column) notes are field-specific, not value-specific. Field notes can contain virtually unlimited amount of text, although users won't be able to view lengthy text notes very well since they are displayed is shown in a tooltip.

It may be better to create another field (column) containing the per-country notes. Use Details description field (unlimited wrapping text display) designation to display in details pop-ups and Details View.

You can copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) selected pre-prepared text from other sources into cells in Omniscope.
  •     kmatrix999 September 21, 2009 7:53PM
    Thanks Tom I will try using a new Column solution and let you know how I got on.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged