Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Graph View: No value as zero? - Visokio Forums
Graph View: No value as zero?
  •     misakch July 27, 2012 2:43AM
    Hi,

I have a Graph View showing amount of investment in each month of the year. The problem is, that in several months there were no investment and therefore there is no value for these months. Individual points are connected by line (as shown on attached image). In month 6,7 and 10 there are no investments (no values respectively) but the line goes directly from month 5 to month 8, instead of going to zero in 6 and 7. Same situation for month 10. I have ticked "Treat (no value) coordinate as zero" but it seems it has no effect...

BTW, filling missing months with value 0 into dataset manually is not an option, because I would have to do that for each possible combination of filters.

Thanks for advice, Michal
    Attachments
    Nový obrázek (7).png 18K
    Michal Charvat | Mindshare | Business Planning | www.mindshare.cz | www.mindshareworld.com
  • 2 Comments
  •     paola July 27, 2012 9:51AM
    You can use Bar/Line View instead. Under Measures menu, Other options (little triangle next to your selected measure), you will have option to
    a) join markers
    b) go to 0
    c) break the line

This view is also useful if you wish to compare several lines, in which case you use Lines as layered measures.
  •     steve August 2, 2012 10:04AM
    Another solution is to merge your data source with a "Value sequence", ensuring you have records present for every interval.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership