Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Detail View conditional on field entry - Visokio Forums
Detail View conditional on field entry
  • NewUser123 September 17, 2009 5:02PM
    Hi All

I am trying to work on selecting the fields to display in the detail view pop-up such that the choice of fields displayed is conditional on a piece of data. I.e. For entry one (row 1) I want the detail view to bring in fields House Type, Location, Market Value if Field B (Asset Type) = Property (i.e. if in excel (1,2)=Property). If the asset type however is Cars (i.e. (1,2) = Cars), then display field Car Type, Registration etc. This is where my fields House Type, Location, Market Value.. Registration, Field B, are columns of data.

Does anyone know a way that this could be possible?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, looking forward to your comments
  • -43 Comments
  • NewUser123 September 17, 2009 5:08PM
    Apologies - should have been posted in Support
  • %5BDeleted+User%5D [Deleted User] September 21, 2009 11:20AM
    Thanks for your suggestion...in future, Omniscope will approximate this behaviour using a new option in the Details configuration not to display field titles or values for uniformly null value fields in defined/selected subsets. With this future option set, If you concatenate unrelated data sets into a single Omniscope file, the uniformly null fields associated with data-set sub-blocks not filtered IN or selected will NOT then display as fields or values in the Details Views and pop-ups.
  • NewUser123 September 21, 2009 12:08PM
    Tom, thank you for your comments and quick reply. That would be most helpful. At the moment I have one enormous flat file where information is only relevant depending upon asset class. I would like to show senior management relevant details depending upon asset class/sector without numbing them with streams of data or fields showing up in the detail view. Do you know of any data structuring work arounds that would help?

Thanks again
  •     steve September 21, 2009 1:24PM
    As a cumbersome workaround, you could create a single formula field that summarised only the relevant information for each:

IF([Field1]=null, "", "Field1: "+[Field1]+" ")
    +IF([Field2]=null, "", "Field2: "+[Field2]+" ")

and then you could introduce HTML tags to format the data (supported in the Details view/popup, but not in the Table view):

IF([Field1]=null, "", "Field1: "+[Field1]+"")
    +IF([Field2]=null, "", "Field2: "+[Field2]+"")
  • %5BDeleted+User%5D [Deleted User] September 23, 2009 10:58AM
    Another option to using the Details View and pop-ups (which currently display the unrelated null fields) is to create a n 'Asset Description' field (column) as described above, and then set Tooltips to display the contents of this compiled field (column). Tooltop displays will pop-up on mouse hover, but do not display fields other than those you've chosen.
  • NewUser123 September 23, 2009 11:10AM
    Thanks for your help - really appreciate it. As I am not as technical or familiar with visokio as you both are it might take me a while to work out these help tips but will let you know how I am getting along.
    Thanks again

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership