Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Custom time periods: change versus previous year - Visokio Forums
Custom time periods: change versus previous year
  •     Maty July 23, 2012 12:07PM
    Hi! Ideally, I would like to compare the value of selected time frame, with the value of the time frame from previous year in a Content View. Please see the file attached. It works for a monthly time frame, however I would like to compare Jan-April 2012 value with Jan-April 2011 and so on. The function "dateadd" does not allow me to define such units as: quarter, tertiaty or term. Can you please help me with this problem? Thanks a lot, Matylda
  • 3 Comments
  •     paola July 23, 2012 12:43PM
    Hi Maty,
    you can use named queries to do that:
    use filters to create the desired subset e.g. Jan-Mar 2011.
    Query>Create new query from filtered data
    Then do the same for interval Jan-Mar 2012, create new query, with new name.
    Now you can create two Bar/Line views, side by side, with different queries chosen in the Subset option, comparing values in different periods...
  •     Maty July 24, 2012 5:29AM
    Hi Paola!
    Thanks for the idea, however this is not what I need, also I do not want to create two separate bar/line views side by side since I will have a comparison problem because of the adjusted scales on the separate axis.
    I needed the comparison in the content view as alraedy made in the iok file, however it is not supposed to be month by month but in my case tertiary by tertiary.
    I'm sorry maybe I could not explain it correctly in the first place
  •     paola July 24, 2012 12:26PM
    Hi Maty,
    You can use this formula to calculate total value for the period
    SUBSET_SUM([Value],
    SUBSET2([Month], [Month],
    DATE(2011, 1),
    DATE(2011, 5), ">=", "<="))<br />This Subset function will add values in the [Value] field, where [Month] is between/equal 1 and 5 (Jan - May), in the year 2011.
    Same formula can then be applied similarly to calculate sum for the period Jan-May 2012, or to compare the two results.
    Hope this answers your question?
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership