Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Display: New Source Database Columns Appearing on Every Tab? - Visokio Forums
Display: New Source Database Columns Appearing on Every Tab?
  •     chrisamott July 20, 2012 7:32AM
    An IOK file is connected to an Access query via ODBC. The IOK file contains many individual tabs in Table view and each tab shows only the fields that are relevant to the tab. The fields displayed in the views in each tab are different. Each time in the Access source a new column or columns are added to the query and the IOK is refreshed. Each new Access column is then added to each tab, unwarranted. Manually unticking each new field from every tab is time consuming and labourious. Is there a setting the user may choose to ensure each new column doesn't automatically get displayed in every tab?
  • 3 Comments
  •     paola July 20, 2012 8:17AM
    Hi Chris,
    You can use Data>Manage Fields>Hide field option to hide field from all tabs.
    Various Operations options will enable you to format/filter fields e.g. Field organiser, field filter in your Data Manager view.
  •     steve July 21, 2012 8:23AM
    I think you are referring to the case where you refresh data and new fields appear in the source which weren't previously in existence. And you want to avoid them popping up on all your tabs, without having to check and make Paola's suggested settings manually.

See here:
    http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/1521/stop-auto-adding-new-of-fields-to-all-views/p1
  •     chrisamott July 23, 2012 4:11AM
    Thanks Steve, Paola, both suggestions were useful. Paola's solves the file I am currently using, hiding a new column from all 18 tabs. Steve's will be used in future, if I set the value before I make duplicate copies of the first tab, the setting should persist throughout the file.

The idea suggested to make it a file change rather than tab change is a good one

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged