Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Animation: Motion charts and marker trails? - Visokio Forums
Animation: Motion charts and marker trails?
  • VoteVote Up1Vote Down     Mees September 14, 2009 10:56AM
    We would like additional functionality that shows the trail of the various markers in a Graph view when using the Cycling toolbar. It would enable users to better intepret and understand the development of the entities in the graph.

In addition it must be possible to show the trail of a selected number of entities (1, 2 .... or all) while setting the remainder of the entities fix at one moment in time.

To see this functionality already working in another application please watch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVimVzgtD6w
    and
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpKbO6O3O3M&feature=related

Google has acquired this application and integrated it already in Google Docs. I have tried it and it works. It would be great to have this in Omniscope as well!
  • 2 Comments
  • %5BDeleted+User%5D [Deleted User] September 15, 2009 3:49PM
    Alle-Thanks for posting this. We too are interested in the idea of showing trails in animated cycling...and when filtering

Given the current single-record filtering architecture of Omniscope, we might start by approximating this feature with a variation of our fixed-range slider filter device...e.g when filtering a range, have the option to display the last X filtered -out values in an animated different colour from the remaining values, or something like that.

We will keep this in mind
  • averilh November 9, 2009 11:46PM
    I would very much welcome this too. This Hans Rosling has become a classic, and I was just about to refer to it too and saw it was already there. To show a build up of points, ie cycling as it does now, but not having any points there until they have been in the cycle, would be very powerful to show how change develops over time. Thanks.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership