Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Bar chart font/text colour - Visokio Forums
Bar chart font/text colour
  • checkyourfuel     checkyourfuel September 9, 2009 8:16AM
    Hi,

Another question this morning.

I looked everywhere, but didn't see where/how I can change colour of the text above and below bar charts. The reason why I'd like to do this is because, as you can see via the link below, that I've imported a [background] image that renders the default text colour nearly invisible. Any way, in this example, that I can change the text colour to white?

http://www.box.net/shared/0cpxxcfkag

James
    James Sandoval
    SVP & Managing Director, EMEA
    BrightTag

T: +44 7740 284 164
    E: jsandoval@brighttag.com
    Twitter: @checkyourfuel
  • 4 Comments
  •     steve September 9, 2009 8:36AM
    When using background images behind charts, it's best to turn down the opacity / transparency so the image is faded. You'll see the same effect, for example, in television when a bar chart or line graph is shown on top of a blurred, faded freeze-frame. I recommend turning the text back to black, and turning the image down to 50% transparency (Layout > Background image > Transparency). This will create a white-blended background image.

If you did this, you'd create the same richness of display but without detracting from the readability of the visualisation and its text.

If you want, also try a black-blended background image by turning the text to white and the [Layout > Configure styles > Canvas > Background colour] to black.

To answer your original question, yes, you can change the colour of the text in the views. Visit Layout > Configure Styles > Views > Text colour. But if you use full opacity of your image, you'll need to find a colour gaudy enough to contrasts suitably with the light AND dark colours of your image, so I recommend the above approach instead.
  • checkyourfuel     checkyourfuel September 9, 2009 8:43AM
    I see. I tried that. Didn't like the effect. When the image is at full visibility, the impact is much richer.

Any chance you can you can add colour and/or font tools to allow text changes in bar and/or other charts? Or chalk this request down as a feature request.

Thanks again,
    James
    James Sandoval
    BrightTag

•     steve September 9, 2009 8:50AM
    You CAN change the colour - Visit Layout > Configure Styles > Views > Text colour.
  • checkyourfuel     checkyourfuel September 9, 2009 9:08AM
    Yes, of course. My error. Read too quickly/not thoroughly.
    James Sandoval
    BrightTag

• admin September 10, 2009 6:44PM
    testt

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership