Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Exclusions and how they work - Visokio Forums
Exclusions and how they work
  •     Phillipa July 9, 2012 10:44AM
    Hi,

I have a couple of charts where I have frozen the filters. THen I chose hide all frozen filters as it is not necessary for our clients to see them.

When I save the file and open it in Omniscope viewer, I keep on getting the message that "This query could not be restored as it was saved - perhaps participating query devices have since been hidden or reconfigured" and that my frozen filter has been converted to an exclusion.

Firstly, what exactly does does it mean when something is converted to an exclusion?

And secondly, is it possible to keep the frozen filter hidden without getting this message in the viewer?

Thanks,
    Phillipa

• 4 Comments
  •     steve July 10, 2012 5:42AM
    Phillipa, is it possible your Viewer is an older version of Omniscope? That might explain this message. Either way, please post your file, or a sanitised file demonstrating the same problem. Alternatively email to support@visokio.com.

Exclusions are a series of rules typically built by making selections and performing Move or Keep operations. When Omniscope opens a file saved with active filters that can't be restored given the available devices, it offers to preserve the same logical filtering rules by converting them to equivalent exclusions rules as if you'd performed Move/Keep operations. In this case, it may be a fault, or an older version of Omniscope not supporting the file configuration.
  •     Phillipa July 10, 2012 6:44AM
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for the info.

It's very probable that the viewer is an older version of Omniscope (on the boss's computer;)).

I will download the current version and test again and send the file to support.

Phillipa
  •     steve July 10, 2012 12:24PM
    Phillipa,

Thanks for the file. It's not due to an older version of Omniscope.

You have found some path through Omniscope which has resulted in a configuration as follows:

• "Syst Therapie, Test & mutiert" field query device is unchecked in the Devices menu
    • Furthermore that field has been hidden from the Devices menu using the "Customise" spanner/wrench icon
    • Yet the tab specifies an active filter state for that field.

It shouldn't be possible to arrive at this situation. If you deselect a filter, Omniscope prompts to convert to exclusions right then, so you shouldn't end up with a file with your issue.

I'd like to understand what steps you took resulted in this situation. If you can't remember, look out for this happening again and try to identify the sequence of steps you took, so we can fix.

Regardless, there is an easy solution. Instead of removing the device by unticking it in the Devices menu, you should hide frozen devices. There is a distinction between *hiding* devices, where they are still active, and *removing* devices, where they cannot be active.

Please do the following:
    1. Open your file
    2. Switch to tab "Mean: sys treated..."
    3. Dismiss the warning dialog
    4. Open the right sidebar "Devices" menu
    5. Click the "Customise" spanner/wrench icon
    6. Locate "Syst Therapie, Test & mutiert", click the Show button, and tick the checkbox. The device will appear, bright blue, because it is frozen.
    7. Open the right sidebar "Tools" menu and untick "Show frozen devices". The device will be "hidden" but not "removed".
    8. Switch to another tab and back. The warning will no longer appear.

Steve
  •     Phillipa July 11, 2012 3:49AM
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for the comment. Unfortunately, I cannot remember what steps I took to avoid converting to an exclusion but will let you know if it happens again.

Cheers
    Phillipa

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership