Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Microsoft LYNC Program Sharing - Visokio Compatability Problems - Visokio Forums
Microsoft LYNC Program Sharing - Visokio Compatability Problems
  •     bgrovens June 27, 2012 11:27AM
    Hi Visokio,

Credit Suisse has recently changed over to Microsoft LYNC for internal office communation. This includes instant messaging and screen sharing. The program is currently setup to do "Program Screen Sharing" which means the Visokio application would be shared. I have noticed that Visokio does not like to be shared this way. I escalated this internally to the LYNC application owners and they told me to reach out to the Vendor 1st to see if there is a hotfix you could release.

The problem is that when you do a Program (Visokio) share it will not recgnize that Visokio is a whole program. It will try to split out the individual box charts within the application. Please reference Capture.JPG attached below. As you can see it shares out the horizontal and vertical axis. When in essence it should be sharing the entire Visokio file.

If you open up pop out boxes as seen in Capture 1.jpg attached below it will properly grab the pop out boxes. But you can see in the background that the origional window is still not appropriately captured.

Have you seen this screen behavior before with Visokio and what suggestions have you had for clients using "program Screen Share". If you share your entire screen Visokio of course works fine, however this is now against company policy.
    Attachments
    Capture.JPG 121K
    Capture1.JPG 118K
  • 9 Comments
  •     steve June 27, 2012 12:14PM
    We'll investigate. Can you share the entire screen? If not, a workaround is to switch so that "Toolbars > View toolbars" is ticked.
  •     bgrovens June 27, 2012 12:21PM
    Unfortunately we can no longer share the entire screen due to a policy change. It worked perfectly before. Now when we use Program share, which takes the Visokio.exe and trys to share this only is when we get a problem. I'll try the toolbar option as well.

Thanks,
    Brian
  •     michael June 29, 2012 1:31PM
    Hi Brian,

Could you make a test for us so we can better understand how easy it can be to fix the problem:
    1) Can you open a shared session with Omniscope app;
    2) Resize the application vertically so that when you open the main menu it goes beyond the window edge;
    3) Open the menu (so it should look something like in the attached image):
    4) Take a screenshot of shared instance and put it on the forum.

We are looking whether the main menu goes as a separate window in shared session.
    Attachments
    ext_menu.png 333K
  •     bgrovens July 3, 2012 11:42AM
    Hi Michael,

Yes, it does open in a new window. Please see the below example:

I have also attached a second example from my PC:

Now you can see what the end user will see on the other end, which is a bit spotty as well:

Let me know what else I can do to help.

Regards,
    Brian
  •     mustafa July 3, 2012 1:31PM
    Brian,

The reason why you are having the above problem is because the View toolbars are currently hidden. When they are hidden, Omniscope does a special auto-hide behaviour where you get a small spanner icon on hovering the over the Views, which on click shows the toolbar. It is this behaviour that is causing the problem you are getting.

We are going to in 2.8 add an option to hide the View toolbars all together without having this behaviour of showing toolbars by clicking on small square button.

I will post back once this option has been implemented.
  •     steve July 3, 2012 2:06PM
    Brian,

Until 2.8 with its fix is ready, we've introduced a possible fix in the form of an advanced installation setting.

In tonight's 2.7 b374, untick "Settings > Advanced > Miscellaneous > Allow empty floating toolbars". This should resolve the issue in Lync, but will need to be configured on whatever PC is running the demo.

Please let me know how this works out.

Steve
  •     steve July 4, 2012 8:16AM
    Fix verified in 2.7 b374. Please confirm you have this working too.
  •     bgrovens July 9, 2012 10:03AM
    Hi Steve,

This works much better, thanks!

Brian
  •     steve July 10, 2012 5:47AM
    Brian,

Please note that we have made this the default in the shortly-available 2.8, but not 2.7 (for risk/stability reasons).

So you will not need to make this setting on other PCs running 2.8 in future.

(NB. This change may decrease the smoothness of the animation effect on opening toolbars, which is less important than Lync compatibility.)

Steve
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership