Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Show / hide in the stack and layer menus - Visokio Forums
Show / hide in the stack and layer menus
  • VoteVote Up2Vote Down     Phillipa June 19, 2012 9:19AM
    Hi,

I have 2 bar chart views in one tab and wish to show different fields in the stack and layer menus of each chart. I have just realised that when I hide fields in my first view it also hides these fields in my second view. Then when I go to the second view and show these fields it shows them again in my first view. This appears to be the case for the stack and layer menus, I am not sure about the others.

Is this a bug or is it supposed to react like this? And if so how can I show different fields in different views (layer or stack) in one tab?

I know there is an arrow with "apply customisation to "
    - all menus in this tab
    -this menu in all tabs
    -all menus in all tabs

which presupposes that when you don't apply a customisation you should just get - this menu in this view.

Thanks
    Phillipa
  • 4 Comments
  •     Phillipa June 19, 2012 9:34AM
    Hi,

I just tried to hide and show fields in the split menu and it seems that all views ( of the same type) in one tab will show the same fields in the split menu too.

Phillipa
  •     paola June 19, 2012 11:56AM
    Hi Phillipa,
    If you wish to have different field choices for two bar views on the same tab - this is not possible. However, you can have different field choice for bar views on different tabs. Quick answer is therefore to separate them.
    Please see also other posts on this subject:

http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/1105

http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/comment/5302/#Comment_5302
  •     Phillipa June 20, 2012 4:05AM
    Hi Paola,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I need to show the 2 graphs on one tab as they relate to each other.

Is it likely that you will be able to configure 2 views independently on one tab in a new release? This is really important for us especially with aggregated data.

Phillipa
  •     mustafa June 20, 2012 5:53AM
    Thanks for your feedback and clarifying what you are trying to achieve.

The feature you are currently using was originally designed for cases where you want to hide the Lat/Long fields, but leave them showing in the Map view.

I have classified this as an idea, please Vote for it, if you would like to see feature implemented.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership