Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Creating a template - Visokio Forums
Creating a template
  •     kmatrix999 September 2, 2009 12:09PM
    I have created a number of flat files in excel, representing the same data sets but for different countries.

I have created a file with multiple views for the UK that I am happy with.

What is the most effective way for me to use my UK iok file as a template for all of my other country files?

These files will be updated in the future, so I want to be able to retain links.

Advice welcome as this is my first attempt to standardise a number of files for multiple countries

Thanks
  • 3 Comments
  •     steve September 3, 2009 10:45AM
    Easy.

I'll assume you've done the following:
    - import UK excel file
    - configured the data, views, tabs, etc., perhaps even added formula fields
    - saved as "UK.IOK".

I'll also assume the column structure is identical (same field names and type of data).

Simply do the following (Omniscope 2.5):
    - open the "UK.IOK" file
    - choose Data menu > Edit source (you'll see a dialog showing a summary of the data source e.g. "UK.XLS")
    - choose Edit (you'll see a dialog showing a choice of data source types with "File" selected)
    - choose Edit (you'll see a file chooser dialog)
    - browse to the XLS file for a different country and click Open (Omniscope will inject new data into your existing views)
    - save as "OtherCountry.IOK".
  •     steve September 3, 2009 10:46AM
    For Omniscope 2.4, use File menu > Import into current file > Edit data source.
  •     kmatrix999 September 3, 2009 5:07PM
    I'm using 2.5, so I will use your first set of instructions.

Thanks for quick response

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership