Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Security: Connecting via Proxy Server requiring Authentication. - Visokio Forums
Security: Connecting via Proxy Server requiring Authentication.
  • antonio     antonio June 18, 2012 12:59PM
    Sometimes users experience the following error while trying to open a file or importing a source from DataManager:

"HTTP/1.0 407 Proxy Authentication Required"

When you need to open a file on a remote server through a Proxy server that requires authentication, then you have to provide Omniscope with the Proxy server authentication credentials. To do this select
    Settings > Advanced > Default Proxy Authentication
    and insert username and password. These credentials will be valid for the whole Omniscope session.

Note that proxy server authentication is different from remote server authentication. If the remote server requires authentication then you will receive the following message:

Unauthorised (HTTP error 401)

To resolve this, depending on the dialog, tick "Requires authentication" and insert the username and password.
  • 4 Comments
  • antonio     antonio June 20, 2012 8:59AM
    After further investigation, we found that some Proxy servers may reply with the following error message:

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request (Malformed HTTP request)

This is due to the fact that the Basic authentication is not encoded automatically when the connection is going through a Proxy server.

To solve the problem, (available from build 2.7 b365) tick the option in "Settings > Advanced > Miscellaneous > Always encode basic authentication".
  •     rng August 27, 2014 1:08PM
    Hi Antonio,

I'm facing similar issues while interfacing an XML API (an oData interface within my Org). Tried your suggestions but it didnt work specifically for the oData API (it has proved useful for another XML API).
    Strangely, the web-view succesfully retrieves the XML for the same oData query w/o any issues.

Idea is to query by passing another field as a parameter & parse the returned XML using XPATH (as discussed here - http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/comment/2512/#Comment_2512)

Thanks!
  • antonio     antonio August 28, 2014 6:18AM
    Hello,

Are you trying to import an XML file source in DataManager? Can you send us the link you are trying to access or the the IOK file?
  •     rng September 2, 2014 6:08AM
    Unfortunately I cannot due to data-security restrictions. I'll think about a way to replicate the issues w/o violating the policies.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership