Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Table View: Allow hiding fields even with "group result" formula setting - Visokio Forums
Table View: Allow hiding fields even with "group result" formula setting
  •     andy_white June 15, 2012 11:30AM
    Current implementation forces all dependent fields of the formulae to be selected in field picker of Table View. To display only important information, it forces the author to minimise these additional columns creating an ugly user experience. Are you planning to change this behaviour?
  • 4 Comments
  •     tjbate June 15, 2012 12:11PM
    Andy - not exactly clear on what you are referring to. Is it that in the Aggregation drop-down you can set the aggregation function of a given field to 'None' to hide the field in the aggregated Table View, whereas when using Grouping in the Table View there is no grouping function option 'None'?

You can hide all the fields in a grouped Table View by using the show field picker for that view...

What do you mean by "forces all dependent fields of the formulae to be selected in field picker of Table View"? Are you grouping on a formula field? Can you post a screenshot of the 'ugly' user experience?
  •     andy_white June 15, 2012 12:38PM
    1. Field A = decimal, Field B = decimal, Field C = formula field: [A] +[B]
    2. No aggregation
    3. Group/Show overall summary row
    4. Formula/Calculate formula fields for group result values
    5. Let's say you want to hide field A and B as you only want to show the result , field C. tableview does not allow you to hide these fields as they are used in the formula - you get and Error in the summary row.

Therefore you need to scrunch up these fields in the UI which doesn't look nice and is confusing.
  •     alec_webliquid June 18, 2012 6:12AM
    This is the same issue as raised by Indranil, here:
    http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/1581/help-required-with-aggregation-in-table-view

I have also faced this issue and ended up using separate fields to calculate the values I wanted in my aggregated table, with the formulas specifically tailored with aggregation in mind. I have attached a file that demonstrates this if you want to have a look. Unfortunately however, in my case at least, any ability to filter is lost as the values in the final table are static.

Cheers
  •     steve June 18, 2012 9:39AM
    As with Indranil's post, can you solve this using the Aggregation menu?

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership