Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Connector: for event streaming visualization? - Visokio Forums
Connector: for event streaming visualization?
  • baulier June 15, 2012 11:20AM
    I just activated my trial and want to do a quick prototype for event stream visualization. We have an event stream processing engine product that analyzes and process huge volumes of events in motion. I want to setup Omniscope to use our ESP publish/subscribe API to subscribe to one or more of our event streams and visualize it. Could you outline the best way to go about doing this. From a quick cursory look, I'm guessing I would open a custom feed, but this feed would be continuously publishing events to be visualized. Thanks!
  • 4 Comments
  • baulier June 15, 2012 11:34AM
    I'd actually rather call the executable directly rather than having to register it as a url if that's possible.
  •     chris June 15, 2012 12:12PM
    We are planning on creating a special "Custom source" block that allows you to write your own connector in Omniscope. You would need to write a webservice that the connector can download data from. You would then use this webservice to call the executable and retrieve the data. In the "Custom source" block you will be able to configure the format of the data you want to upload, the parameters and default values and the format of the data retrieved.

As well as "Custom source" we will also be adding a "Custom operation" and "Custom output".

If you would like to discuss this in more detail I am happy to arrange a telephone call. I've sent you a private email so feel free to let me know a convenient day/time for this.

Regards

Chris

• baulier June 15, 2012 12:23PM
    Thanks Chris, that sounds like what I'm looking for. I thought, however, that the custom feed would have already supported this, so I'd be curious why that is not the case.

Thanks,
    jerry
  •     chris June 18, 2012 10:09AM
    Hi,

The custom feed supports downloading web feed data (RSS/Atom). If you can supply your data in this format then this would be a viable option. We should probably rename this feed to make it more clear, especially once we add the "Custom source", "Custom operation" and "Custom publisher" blocks.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged