Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Sources: OLAP cubes - Essbase access? - Visokio Forums
Sources: OLAP cubes - Essbase access?
  •     bfromson1 June 12, 2012 9:59AM
    We are trying to access an essbase cube from DataManager but failing at the login stage.

Latest Omniscope build is now showing more detailed diagnostic:

Using Essbase version 9.3.1
  • 7 Comments
  •     bfromson1 June 12, 2012 10:00AM
    Error is:

Error Description="Cannot connect to Analytic Server. Error:Analytic Server Error(1030008): NULL argument (2) passed to ESSAPI function EssLogin" ErrorCode="1030008" HelpFile="" Source="XML for Analysis Provider for Essbase "
  •     tjbate June 12, 2012 10:15AM
    Bernard-Essbase will support the MDX statements embedded in Omniscope OLAP cube connectors, but we have not yet had a lot of experience with connecting to various vintages of Essbase...please bear with us.
  •     chris June 12, 2012 10:16AM
    Hi - Are you connecting using the Database or the OLAP Cube connector? Can you send us a screenshot of the block configuration and report the error message to us.
  •     bfromson1 June 12, 2012 10:26AM
    I'm trying to connect with the OLAP cube connector. The DataManager Source block and error screen shot are in attached Word file.

•     chris June 13, 2012 6:54AM
    Hi Bernard - As Tom mentioned before we have not worked with Essbase before, and so in order to add support we need to install Essbase and do some investigation. Do you have any experience with setting up Essbase? If so are you able to assist us in setting up a test environment closely matching your current configuration?
  •     bfromson1 April 10, 2013 9:44AM
    The need to connect to an Essbase cube has come up for us again. The error message in 2.8b773 is similar to the previous one, but slightly different - I have just sent it as a report id 22815.

Can we put you in touch with the tech guys here and try and sort this one?

Thanks
  •     chris April 10, 2013 12:17PM
    Hi Bernard,

I've sent you a private email.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged