Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Filtering with SUBSET_UNIQUECOUNT - Visokio Forums
Filtering with SUBSET_UNIQUECOUNT
  •     Phillipa May 22, 2012 7:18AM
    Hi,

I am trying to get a count of all unique names in my depivoted series. The function SUBSET_UNIQUECOUNT set to MEAN value works well until I use a filter on my data.

In my case I have 20 depivoted fields and get the number 20 when I do not use filters. However, if I use a filter that effectively reduces the number of unique names in my series I still get the number 20!!

Is there any way around this?

The main reason I am trying to do this is to get a sum from a field that has not been depivoted - at present after depivoting my sum is 20 times the original value - dividing by 20 is ok as long as noone uses a filter. Hence I thought dividing by SUBSET_UNIQUECOUNT would solve this problem.

Maybe there is a far easier solution that I am overlooking.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Phillipa
  • 4 Comments
  •        daniel May 23, 2012 9:32AM
    If you want a smart subset count, you might be able to use the aggregate function on the table view which should take into account filtering. If you have an example data set I can have a look and see whether it can be applied to what you need.
  • Soruban May 23, 2012 9:39AM
    You can show the result as text in the Content View if you add that formula in the content view as follows.
    - Add a Content View.
    - Click Edit to shift to Edit Mode and click the "f" icon to insert a formula.
    - Tick the formula radio button and click edit.
    - Add the formula SUBSET_SUM([your field])
  •     Phillipa May 24, 2012 9:20AM
    Hi ,

Thanks for the responses. The problem is that I don't need to display the Unique values count, I need it in a formula that divides another field (not depivoted) by the number of fields I have depivoted by in the same file. THat way I can get the correct sum field ( at the moment it is 20 times its correct value because I have depivoted 20 other fields in the same file)

I will send you the file direct so you can see what I mean.

Cheers
    Phillipa
  • Soruban May 29, 2012 8:50AM
    Hi,

We have not received the file so far. Could you please make sure you sent it to
    support@visokio.com?

Regards,

Soruban.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership