Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Conditional Batch output - Visokio Forums
Conditional Batch output
  • VoteVote Up1Vote Down Kefsid May 15, 2012 6:01AM
    Hi there,

I need to share my reports with only necessary people who is matching with my conditions, but dont want to send any empty emails if the result is empty..

For example i have 3 different persons and a file includes two of them with only two rows.. In my batch output configuration file i set up a rule for each of them. But when i publish my data, the one who doesnt include in the file getting an empty omniscope report.. 2 of them are getting the correct report and i do not have any problem with this. but i need to find a way to not to send an empty report..

Kefsid
    Attachments
    sample.xlsx 9K
  • 5 Comments
  •     chris May 15, 2012 8:31AM
    Hi,

You can do this with individual publisher blocks by inserting a "Validate data" block to ensure that there is at least one row of data before publishing, but at present you can't perform validation on each individual row inside a batch publisher configuration. One option here would be to add a simply boolean field that allowed you to control whether publishing was undertaken if there was no data. If you have only three rows in your batch publisher you could consider splitting it out into three separate publisher blocks, each with a "Validate data" operation to ensure empty data does not get published.
  • Kefsid May 15, 2012 9:17AM
    Hi Chris,

Actually I have more than 40 people and a file with more than 1000 rows.. So that i can not split my datas..
  •     chris May 15, 2012 9:19AM
    It may be a good idea for us to add a simple checkbox option to ALL publishers that allows you to turn on/off publishing empty data. We could then migrate this setting to the batch publisher.
  • Kefsid May 15, 2012 11:16AM
    It would be great actually..

But still my colleagues will get 40 emails tomorrow and some of them will be empty):
  •     chris May 15, 2012 11:24AM
    Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment.

Please vote using the buttons above, or alternatively contact us directly if this is an urgent requirement.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership