Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Copying Modules to another Omniscope file - Visokio Forums
Copying Modules to another Omniscope file
  •     shaji_o May 8, 2012 1:47AM
    I have a client that has similar reports across all of it's 11 brands. Although the layout is similar each brand has it's own differences, that is why each brand has been set up with its own iok file. I've had to make an update to the process which means changing 10 boxes/modules per iok file. Is there a way I can make the update in one iok file and copy them to the remaining iok files?
  • 3 Comments
  •     indranildatta May 8, 2012 6:19AM
    Shaji,

Are these differences related to data transformation, or merely presentational?

In the latter case, you can have one workflow, process all your data there, and branch out 11 filters (one for each brand) and have 11 output blocks. You can then control the differences in presentation using templates in each of these output blocks.

If the differences are in the way the data in transformed, you can still do a lot of centralised processing as long as your data sources are the same (read same structure) for each of these brands.

In that case, you can have one workflow that does the common part of the data processing (with 10 sources) and then you have individual IOK files for each brand that recieves only 1 source from the previously mentioned IOK, and does the brand specific calculations.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to ask further questions and/or post files si that we can help with some examples workflows.

Cheers!
    Indranil
    Indranil Datta
    Invizua Limited - www.invizua.com - Dedicated to Media, Marketing Services and Market Research Organisations
    M: +44 7956 470 046 | E: indranil.datta@invizua.com | Skype: indranildatta1 | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/indranildatta | Twitter: @indranildatta

Address: Studio 6, 36-42 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EY
  •     shaji_o May 8, 2012 8:30PM
    Hi Indranil,

The updates I'm making are the same across the brands, but the data source is different. The existing process, leverages the DFA API and is different for each brand as they have different campaigns, different floodlights etc. Hence, each brand was set up in a different iok file to simplify things.

Shaji
  •     paola May 10, 2012 12:07PM
    Shaji, When you append data from different sources, Omniscope will add a field [Source], to indicate where the data came from.
    If you have same/similar fields and presentation method for different brands, you can share body of work between them, then apply different filters between Omniscope block and output blocks for each brand.
    It might be a case of, for example, choosing 'source 1' for 'brand 1' in the Source field.
    Source field is useful if you wish to have data from one source/brand per tab, in which case you can use filter in the side bar to pick and choose sources.

A feature we added in the latest version of Omniscope will allow you to copy/paste views between tabs, and also between different Omniscope files...
    Please see http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/1204
    If you need more help with this case, we would have to see a sample file.
    Regards, Paola

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership