Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Refresh: Omniscope data refresh options? - Visokio Forums
Refresh: Omniscope data refresh options?
  •     enrico68 May 2, 2012 8:37AM
    Hi all - We just bought Omniscope Desktop Edition and we are currently trying to understand how we can share informations in our company using this product.

About refreshing data in iok files, I understood that only registered copies of Omniscope can perform it (on opening or on-demand). The only way to make available refreshed data to unregistered viewers is to save and distribute updated iok files with a registered Omniscope (or save the iok file on a shared directory where unregistered viewers can read it directly).

Using registered Omniscope Desktop Edition it's also possible to use 'automatic refresh' for updating data in real time, but only when the IOK file to be refreshed is open in Omniscope (and these updates are still not visible to unregistered viewers till the file is saved).

If I understood right, with Desktop Edition it's not possible to schedule a 'massive' data refresh when iok files are not used (for example during the night in a way to have them updated and available for viewers next morning). The scheduled updating procedure and live refresh to free Viewers is only available in Server Editions?

Please, can you give me a confirmation of all this or let me know if there are some possibilities not indicated above? Thanks
  • 1 Comment
  •     tjbate May 2, 2012 9:41AM
    Enrico - Omniscope is a powerful data publishing platform with many options for managing on-going refresh first of the aggregating/staging server-side Source IOK 'datamart' and 'meta-report' files, and then from these out to unlimited, distributed Report IOK files within the local network and via the open Internet, in near real-time (licensing permitting).

If you have only a Desktop Edition, and your file users/interactors all have free Viewers, then you do not have automated personalised batch reporting and distribution...nor automatic live refresh to free Viewers, so you must manually refresh the Source IOK file and REPLACE the outstanding Report IOK files. Auto-refresh of the Report IOK files from your central Source IOK file(s) will only work if your users/interactors also have activated Desktop Editions, not free Viewers.

If you have a Server Edition, you have fully-automated personalised batch reporting and distribution, but you must still REPLACE outstanding Report IOK files being used in free Viewers.

If you have a ServerPlus Edition, the Report IOK files permitted are ENABLED to live auto-refresh in the free Viewer with any frequency, even while the Viewer file is open on the users' devices.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership