Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Overview of filters/exclusions applied by view? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Overview of filters/exclusions applied by view?
  • VoteVote Up2Vote Down     andy_white April 30, 2012 5:51AM
    Would it be straight forward to do one of the following:

Have a way in Content view of listing all exclusions/filters made in that tab?
    Have a specific view that lists this (ala Portal view)?

It's often hard to know what you've done without looking at the Sidebar (and even then not easy) this is also very pertinent in printed reports etc. - Andy
  • 6 Comments
  •     steve May 1, 2012 5:29AM
    Note you can currently create a query, then "diagnose" that query from the queries menu.
  •     andy_white May 1, 2012 7:49AM
    Thanks Steve,

From a "client" perspective and for users etc it would be useful to be able to show this in "english" - so could we potentially have the ability to populate the equivalent of the query xml on the fly without creating a query and then populate a view/function with the results?

Andy
  •     steve May 3, 2012 2:40AM
    "Diagnose query" is meant to be a human-readable structured view of the query logic. How else would you write it to be more readable, while still retaining an accurate representation of the logic and precedence?
  •     andy_white May 3, 2012 9:15AM
    Sorry - I don't think I explained this very well!

The diagnose query option is exactly what I was after, however at the moment i need to create a query, then go and click diagnose. It would be great if we could have this option as a view/function for content view so that we can add it dynamically into a tab, meaning a "new user" to that screen wouldn't have to go through the steps to see what has been filtered/excluded (I just had a brief chat with Mustafa so he may be able to help if my explanation still hasn't worked!).
  •     steve May 3, 2012 9:56AM
    Understood.
  •     tjbate August 30, 2012 10:54AM
    Andy - Not sure this information would be useful in a View of its own, because it would be unclear which of the visualisations on the tab it referred to. There is already a Top Idea to create a new, configurable in-tab space to hold (among other things) specified field filters and variable control sliders. Perhaps this 'data subset' in/out summary could be added as an adjunct to a view in the same way:

http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/1008

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership