Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Filter No Value in a view - Visokio Forums
Filter No Value in a view
  •     vijay_chidambaram April 30, 2012 3:16AM
    Hi

Since the below shown bar graph view has appended files from different sources, the no value bar gets shown. I cannot a do a common filter or create a common query for this because of the different sources. The metric selector has six different metrics and lets say few of the metrics have different sources and hence if I filter out no value for one metric, I will be filtering all the available data for another metric because as I said the the data is all appended. So, please suggest me how to hide or remove "No Value" values from the view. Thanks

Kind Regards
    Vijay
    Attachments
    novalue.png 11K
  • 5 Comments
  • antonio     antonio April 30, 2012 5:51AM
    Have you tried using "Tools > Alignment / empy data buckets" and select "No alignment / Hide empty data buckets" ?
  •     vijay_chidambaram April 30, 2012 8:08PM
    Hi Antonio

I tried that option. It doesn't work. Is there any other way to get his done. Thanks

Kind Regards
  •     steve May 2, 2012 1:58AM
    It's not clear what you configuration is without posting an IOK file. But it looks like you can solve this by defining a named query that excludes those "No values" then choosing "Filtered data, intersected with [that query]" in the view "Subset" menu.

Let me know if you need any further help with this.
  •     vijay_chidambaram May 2, 2012 2:09AM
    Hi Steve,

I have sent you an email, with the IOK file attached and have posted my difficulty as why I can't use named query.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Vijay
  •     steve May 3, 2012 2:27AM
    Vijay,

I received your file, thank you. It opens up without any such "Performance by site" view with "No value" bar visible. Please send me a file which opens with the problem clearly visible.

However I think my solution still works. As I understand it, you have (for example) two views:

View 1 - measure M1, split by S1. Values in S1 are null for records 1,2,3, hence a "No value" bar for those 3 records.

View 2 - measure M2, split by S2. Values in S2 are null for records 3,4, hence a "No value" bar for those 2 records.

You say you can't use a named query presumably because (in this example) we can't exclude records 1,2,3 in one view and records 3,4 in another view.

You should define a named query per view. The first one would be called "Exclude no values in S1", and would have a filter rule "S1 <> null". The second would be the equivalent for S2.

In view 1, choose "Subset > Filtered data, intersected with > Exclude no values in S1", etc.

Steve

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership