Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Disable "Show Record Details" in all tabs/views? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Disable "Show Record Details" in all tabs/views?
  • VoteVote Up10Vote Down     Phillipa April 27, 2012 11:35AM
    Hi - We work with data that is collected from the medical community. As such we offer only aggregated data as there are very strict data protection laws protecting the identity of the individuals and institutions that take part in our surveys. This means that for us the 'Show record details' in any View is very undesirable.

I understand that at the moment we cannot universally deactivate this function but that we can hide fields from views on all tabs - this is ok, but leaves the "Show record details" as totally redundant.

Ideally we would love to be able to disable this function - the LESS IS MORE principle. Is this idea feasible? And how soon could it be introduced? Thanks and have a great weekend - Phillipa
  • 3 Comments
  •     Phillipa May 3, 2012 4:19AM
    Hi,

{Received from Visokio Support:] Hi Phillipa - please try Data >Manage Fields>Hide field (you can choose here which fields to hide).

If you read my previous comment you would know that we are already using this hide function, but that it is a sub-optimum solution for us. Ideally we don't want the clients to have any details about what lies under the aggregate data. In some cases we would prefer that the number of records is also hidden and that is why ideally we would like to disable "Show record Details".

Is there any chance of this in the near future?

Thanks
    Phillipa
  • Alfonso     Alfonso January 25, 2013 3:41AM
    We have the same problem, but not in all cases. It means that depending on the View we can activate/deactivate the functionality.
    Also, We can decide to deactivate it for a tab or for all tabs.
    For example:
    Tab: Details deactivated --> functionality avoided in the tab. Views cannot activate the funcion.
    View: Details deactivated --> functionality avoided in the view. The user cannot activate the functionality by double click or mouse right hand button.
  •     Phillipa June 11, 2013 6:07AM
    Hi Alfonso,

I am just cleaning up a presentation to go to a client and was trying to find a details deactivated button like you describe in your comment of Jan 25th.

I would like to deactivate details for the whole presentation!!

Thanks
    Phillipa

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged