Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Batch output of View images? - Visokio Forums
Batch output of View images?
  • vthiruv2 April 23, 2012 10:19AM
    Is there a feature to export views (I have about 40 different views in about 12 tabs) and want to select about 30 views among these to be exported into image files and use them in a PowerPoint presentation or in another site. It would be good to batch export these views. - Vijay
  • 7 Comments
  •     chris April 23, 2012 1:31PM
    Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the question. At the moment you can only export individual tabs as screenshots to PowerPoint, PDF etc. You can't select individual views within those tabs. The only way to do this would be to have each view in a separate tab.
  •     tjbate April 23, 2012 1:59PM
    Vijay - Although not automated, any view can be captured and exported as an image file and copied into other documents via the clipboard or printed using:

View Toolbar: Tools > Capture view

This same menu includes the option to capture the view as a new tab so that you can use the automated export options at tab level.
  • vthiruv2 April 24, 2012 12:27PM
    Thanks. When you say "at the moment", does that mean there is a plan to support this feature in the near future? If I create tabs for each view, I would have to create about 40 different tabs which I was hoping to avoid. Also the size of the images would increase if I place them in their own tab and I would have to resize them after they have been exported as images which is a lot of manual effort if it's done on a monthly basis.
  •     tjbate April 24, 2012 2:18PM
    Vijay - Although you currently DO have to put a copy of each View on its own tab in order to automate export, you can fix the size of each view using:

View Toolbar: Tools > Fix View size

You can also add Blank Views to any tab to position each view to be exported exactly on each tab. Although it is a lot of tabs, it is very quick to do, since it is just copies of existing views.
  •     steve April 25, 2012 9:01AM
    Also, when exporting tab images/screenshots, you can customise the "screenshot size" to be whatever size you need.
  • vthiruv2 April 25, 2012 9:50AM
    Steve,
    Where is this option to customize the screenshot size?
  •     steve April 25, 2012 2:46PM
    Are you using a recent build of 2.7?

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership