Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Bar/Line View-Different colours for comparative bars? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Bar/Line View-Different colours for comparative bars?
  • VoteVote Up0Vote Down checkyourfuel     checkyourfuel July 22, 2009 12:03PM
    Hi,

It's odd that I didn't spot this earlier, but check out the .iok at the end of the link below. The chart would be much easier to read if each "single facing" bar was, for example, red, but each "multiple facing" bar was, say, green.

http://drop.io/different_coloured_bars

Thanks for your help.

James Sandoval
    James Sandoval
    SVP & Managing Director, EMEA
    BrightTag

T: +44 7740 284 164
    E: jsandoval@brighttag.com
    Twitter: @checkyourfuel
  • 5 Comments
  •     steve July 22, 2009 3:22PM
    James,

I can't get any image to load using Chrome, Firefox or IE8.

Steve
  • checkyourfuel     checkyourfuel September 9, 2009 7:58AM
    Hi Steve,

Just saw your comment above this AM. I should be checking the forum more regularly (clearly).

I'm not sure what you mean by not getting any image to load. Do you mean you're not able to pull up the Drop.io site and, more specifically, download the.iok file via the available link? I just did it now and it worked just fine. Here's an alternate link to grab the file: http://www.box.net/shared/nu0kncdbs1

Again, the bar chart would be much easier to read if each "single facing" bar was, for example, red, while each "multiple facing" bar was, say, green.
    James Sandoval
    BrightTag

•     steve September 9, 2009 8:09AM
    James,

You can't choose to "colour by Measures", which is what you're describing. But you can try the following:

- in Bar view options panel > Breakdown > Bar colours, choose "Fixed" (all the bars will become yellow)
    - in Bar view options panel > Style, tick "Darken successive measures" (bars will turn into different shades by measure).

Steve
  •     steve September 9, 2009 8:10AM
    PS. you should get email notifications of changes to forum discussions you have posted to. Isn't this working?
  • checkyourfuel     checkyourfuel September 9, 2009 8:12AM
    Got it. I tried your recs earlier. Interesting, but not quite what I was after. That said, this is a nearly insignificant issue. Thanks for the quick reply.

James
    James Sandoval
    BrightTag

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged