Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Copy Zones? - Visokio Forums
Copy Zones?
  • VoteVote Up0Vote Down swmcdonnell July 19, 2009 3:09AM
    Is there any way to copy the zones that go with dials? I have several dials on a tab with 10 zones each. When I add a new Dial View, it inserts a copy of the dial I created, but inserts the default zones that come with the view. It looks like I would have to set them from scratch for every dial (and if that's the case I just won't use zones). Thanks.
  • 2 Comments
  •     steve July 19, 2009 7:19AM
    Thanks for your feedback.

If you add a new dial view, it should look the same as the last dial view, providing you keep the same value field/function. Are you seeing this? This means that if your multiple dial views are of different data subsets (e.g. named queries), but same field/function, you shouldn't have to reconfigure each view.

As soon as you change the field/function, the default zones will appear, since zones (and also custom range of dial) will usually be relevant only to a specific field/function combination.

There are cases where you *do* want dials to keep the zones and ranges when you change field, let's say if your fields are all of the same kinds of values (e.g. several "total sales" fields, each for a different year). We are aware of this annoyance and will fix this soon, possibly in the next version of Omniscope (2.6). We'll be adding the option for percentage-based zones, too, making it easier for one set of zones to work with arbitrary fields.
  • swmcdonnell July 19, 2009 10:34PM
    Thanks for the information. My question falls into the "you're aware of this annoyance" category. I have the same data subset with different fields that measure different things, but share the same 1-10 scale and had wanted to set the zones up once rather than for each field. I'll work around it. Thanks for your help.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged