Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Sources: OLAP - Support for Mondrian with XMLA? - Visokio Forums
Sources: OLAP - Support for Mondrian with XMLA?
  • VoteVote Up0Vote Down haubuchon April 10, 2012 4:17PM
    It seems that OLAP connection does not with with Mondrian. I get the connection and can select the cube, dimensions and measures, but no data is returned. It seems that some features are different in the metaschema. The error Mondrian gives when I hit "preview" is:

Rowset 'MDSCHEMA_SETS' does not support property 'Content' (value is 'Data') (also LocaleIdentifier property)

If I use the "Load" Button, I get an error with the MDX:

"TableRenderer requires 0, 1 or 2 dimensional result".

Do you have any plans on supporting Mondrian, or at least an OLAP OLE DB like Simba that correctly supports Mondrian ?

Thank you !
  • 2 Comments
  •     chris April 12, 2012 4:50AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the question. The OLAP connector is designed to import data from any MDX compatible OLAP server. Up to now we have only tested this out on SQL Server Analysis services.

Would it be possible for you to submit any error reports directly to us. Can you also try modifying the MDX statement, bearing in mind that the MDX must return a 2-dimensional data table.

In order to provide support with Mondrian we would need to setup a Mondrian on a test server and populate it with data similar in structure to your setup. This may take some time to setup, so we may not investigate this right away.

This is the first time that I'm aware of that any Omniscope user has mentioned Mondrian. In order to gauge how important this piece of work is we would be interested in knowing if any other Omniscope usrs also who use Mondrian, and whether anyone else has been able to retrieve data.

•     tjbate April 23, 2012 5:32AM
    I have classified this as an idea:

Perform full suite of tests of Mondrian cube connectivity via MDX...

If you already use (or are planning to use) Mondrian as your multi-dimensional analtyical staging tool, please vote.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership