Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Deployment architecture - Mix of Editions? - Visokio Forums
Deployment architecture - Mix of Editions?
  • jasonkoo July 3, 2009 4:28PM
    Am new to Omniscope. would like to know if i purchase the Server Edition, do i still need the Desktop Edition installed on my desktop?
  • 2 Comments
  • %5BDeleted+User%5D [Deleted User] July 3, 2009 5:15PM
    One does not technically need a Desktop in addition to a Server, so long as the person doing all the work has access to the database(s), database server(s) and the server machine running the Server Edition. In practice, power users at the heads of reporting chains use Desktops to configure and modify IOK template files (which they then store in shared/Dropbox folders accessible to the Server) because they DO NOT have all necessary privileges/access rights to the database(s) and server machine where the Server Edition usually runs.

We offer bundled Server/ServerPlus Editions together with packs of 5 or 10 Desktops with the option to convert 1 (out of 5 Desktop keys) or 2 (out of 10 Desktop keys) to spare backup or test environment Server keys, although they can also be used as high RAM Desktops.
  • jasonkoo July 4, 2009 9:28AM
    understand now, thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership