Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Removing items from View Toolbar - Visokio Forums
Removing items from View Toolbar
  • VoteVote Up3Vote Down     Phillipa March 20, 2012 2:11PM
    Hi,

I want to simplify the view toolbar so that our client can only see certain items on the bar view toolbar.

For example I would like them to be able to flip the graphs, use the 100% bars and order bars tools but not see the cascade, tile or stack tools.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks
    Phillipa
  • 4 Comments
  •     steve March 20, 2012 3:14PM
    You cannot currently do this. You can only customise the view data titles, which includes split, measures etc. but not options like cascade.

I have reclassified this as an idea - ability to customise view toolbar items (show/hide) as you can with the main toolbar.
  •     Phillipa March 21, 2012 4:54AM
    Thanks Steve,

I think this would be a real benefit. Firstly, if you have 3 graphs on one dashboard the tools icons on the view toolbar become quite small and difficult to identify and secondly, not all the final users of the dashboards are very adept at using all these functions.

Ideally end users should only be able to see tools which are relevant to the data in the form it is displayed. Too many options will only confuse them;)

Phillipa
  •     steve March 21, 2012 6:33AM
    Please vote to register your interest. In the coming months we'll be considering votes when we prioritise implementation of forum ideas.
  •     mustafa August 2, 2012 12:40PM
    This feature has now been implemented starting from 2.8 build 239 onwards.

You would be able show/hide toolbar items in the following ways:

• Right-clicking blank space on the View toolbars.
    • Right-clicking on the the toolbar button.
    • From the "Toolbar items" option located in the "Tools" menu located in each View toolbar.

Note: The menu only shows the currently visible items on the toolbar. You can control visibility of any future buttons that appear when you have a certain configuration by ticking and unticking the "Default" option.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership