Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Content viewer part? - Visokio Forums
Content viewer part?
  •     schergr March 19, 2012 4:44PM
    Looking for a way to show the values of two unique subsets in a content viewer bulleted list / table. Is this possible?
  • 5 Comments
  •     steve March 20, 2012 2:47AM
    You will need to use Javascript pre-processing to generate the HTML. The example here should give you everything you need: http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/1072/scripting-in-content-view-2.7
  •     schergr March 26, 2012 2:06PM
    Tried the following

<#<br />var array = subset("App_Name","NULL");
    for (var i in array) {
    #>
    Hostname <#=array[i]#> App_Name
    <#<br />}
    #>

but get the following giberish

Hostnameboolean eb() App_Name Hostnameboolean hb() App_Name Hostnamecom.visokio.tzd Z() App_Name Hostnameint[] kb() App_Name Hostnameboolean Y() App_Name Hostnamecom.visokio.qc X() App_Name \

thoughts on what I did wrong?
  •     steve March 26, 2012 2:35PM
    You are using subset("App_Name", "NULL") which returns a dataset intended for further processing in other functions which accept a subset as an argument. The syntax you are using is effectively inspecting the internal properties of that subset object.

I'm not sure exactly what you want to do.
    Note that subset("App_Name", "NULL") identifies the set of records where the field "App_Name" equals the text literal "NULL". If you want to match actual null cells (i.e. no value), use null lowercase and unquoted.

Some ideas:

recordCount(subset(...)) => the number of records in the subset

subset_uniquesList("SomeField", subset(...)) => an array of unique values in the field "Somefield"

•     schergr April 12, 2012 2:28PM
    Correct Steve....I made a mistake...the actual forumla is

SUBSET_UNIQUESLIST([App_Name], SUBSET([Early Exit],"Early Exit"))

Anyway to turn this into a list / bulleted list in the content viewer easily?
  •     schergr April 12, 2012 2:30PM
    Ignore that. I'll go back to your previous comment re: Javascript

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership